Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!

It's tempting for me to just think about fireworks, hot dogs, and patriotic cake decorated in strawberries, cool whip, and blueberries when I think about Independence Day. But lately I've become more and more aware of how blessed we are to live in a nation that is FREE. That's really what tomorrow's holiday is all about: having the courage to stand up for freedom. It's a biblical idea--that's what Christ came for--it is for freedom that Christ came to set us free. 
I am so thankful for the courage, diligence, and fortitude our founding fathers had to break away from the only home, life, and government they ever knew and begin life on foreign soil all in the name of freedom.
Today, this freedom we're so blessed to live out is threatened and not such a promised idea. That makes the freedom I already have as a citizen of America even sweeter. 
I love my country. I am so thankful the Lord placed me in America at this time in history. I am so blessed. 
God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment