Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Joy of Icing

Man, I am making up for lost time!! Funny how I do that... when I journal I tend to go through dry-spells and then I'll write like four times in a week.

So... what happened today?
It rained. All. Day.

And you know what, it was kinda wonderful! Even though while running errands I got soaked. And driving was much more tedious. It's been a very, very long time since the last good rain and it was so refreshing! I'm one of those people who enjoy rainy cloudy days--so the inconvenience wasn't too bad, in my opinion.

On another note, I am hoping to extend my joy of cookies :) to other realms, such as... cake decorating! I think it'd be totally awesome to get a job at a bakery, so in order to make myself more hire-able, (is that a word?) I started a cake decorating class today with my sista!  It's pretty fun, and not terribly challenging. I love icing so this should be right up my alley. :) So long as my hand muscles get used to squeezing a piping bag for several hours on end...
Who knows.. maybe my joy of cookies blog will become the joy of baking blog. = )






No comments:

Post a Comment