Sunday, October 30, 2011

Wilton Cake Class Wrap

I'm happy to report that I finally finished my cake class!! It was a lot more prep work than I originally anticipated, but it was fun, therapeutic, and worth it.
Today we had to bake, ice, and decorate a cake...although the cake had to be pre-baked and pre-iced before class. Without further ado, here's my piece of art (pun intended)
My cake! :) Single layer, chocolate (my dad's pick), heart-shaped
FYI, choclate cake's really hard to ice well! *disclaimer*


Disclamer: I just learned how to do roses TODAY.
I'm in much need of some practice--I know. 

Close-up of the border and detail...just ignore the cracks. :)

Tia's cake

Her detail's different, yet similar.
Her roses are bigger, more detailed, stars instead of dots
and a piped border instead of a star border.
Close-up of her roses. They look a lot better than mine! 

Final products. =)   =)

Interestingly enough, our cakes turned out a lot like us. My sister and I are very similar in some ways. Sometimes we're mistaken as twins in our looks. Oftentimes we're on the same wave-length and  have 'surround sound' reactions, comments, and questions. (which is awesomely entertaining)  At the same time we are both distinctly different in interests and personalities. Kinda cool. :)

So now you're probably wanting a slice, and for that I'm truly sorry. I'd actually give you a huuuuuge piece if you were here, because I'm sick of cake. BUT you can go take a Wilton Cake Decorating Class, and soon  your kitchen will be overflowing with baked goodies for FOUR whole weeks!! So go sign up! =)

Happy Sunday y'all!

~Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment