Saturday, April 16, 2011

Busyness!

Yes. I am still alive.
I can't believe how long it's been since my last blog! I guess I just kinda forgot about posting for a bit. And I'm still learning the ropes on having a blog. I don't know what to talk about besides stuff going on in my life, but I don't want it to be all about me. I'm going to be working on that part. 
So what's new with everyone?? 
I don't know that I mentioned my new job... but I'm working at a bridal shop, selling any dress that isn't a wedding dress. So far, so good! I'm actually selling and restocking/pulling dresses so I don't have an hourly commission to make. Thank God! I do NOT want to be on that performance treadmill of trying to sell, sell, sell all the time! 

I also auditioned for a play that I didn't have time for. A mixed blessing... I didn't get cast. It totally sucks cuz it's been like three years since I've gotten to act. But my family's anthem is "God either says 'yes' or 'I've got something better'" so I'm just trying to tell myself that when the time's right I'll be on stage again. 


What else is new? 
Oh. My family surprised me yesterday. With a new bed. My dream bed. 
A way too expensive bed. One that I've drooled over but never in my wildest dreams actually thought I would own. I also thought that I was in on all the family secrets and that I would never be surprised by anything simply because I'm too sleuth-y.  Right? Wrong. My sis and I went shopping for new cell phones and when we came home I went in my room and what did I see in my room? Not my old dumpy headboard (bought from a garage sale for $10) that's ugly and embarrassing and hidden behind pillows. No, quite the opposite. This amazing, exquisite, piece of furniture was actually in my room holding my mattress: 
Lilac Bed

Is that carving not exquisite? Here's a close-up:
Lilac Bed
I was shocked and speechless and thrilled all at once. 
I don't deserve it. I shouldn't have it. But yet it was given to me simply because I am loved. Reminds me a lot of God's grace. 
I am so thankful. And blessed. 
Thank you Jesus. Thank you, family! 


So what's new with everyone else in the blogosphere? More blogging to come (hopefully) in the not-too-distant future!  


Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment