Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Theatre!!

So... you know what I said a few posts ago about not getting cast in that play I auditioned for??
Well, I was wrong. For the first time in THREE years I have finally arrived back on stage!

Wooooohoooooo!
Anyone who has been bitten by the acting bug knows how frustrating it can be when no good parts/plays are coming along and when your schedule simply won't allow a production. It's frustrating. It's annoying. It's disheartening.
My mom has a term for it: creative constipation.
Ew. A bit graphic for me... but I suppose it does sum it up quite nicely.
So anyway, I have to tell the story about how I got the part. It's quite fascinating. But first I have to tell you that there is a running list of "special" things that happen to me on the 22nd. My birthday being the most pertinent. I also met an all-time favorite singer, donated a foot of hair to locks of love, among over things. This story, as you will see, is no exception.
  The last part I got cast in was on March 22, 2008. It was on a Saturday night, and my mom, sister and I went out to eat for Easter dinner because we don't have family that we get together with over Easter. Earlier that week I had auditioned, and hadn't received a call, so I knew I wasn't cast. I sadly dropped the script back at the library, feeling horribly bummed and telling myself "better luck next time!" Just as we got in the car, my cell phone rang-- and what do you know? It was the director giving me THE part that I was dying to play. It was probably the most wonderful production I'd ever been in. The cast, the story, the characters, everything was magical for me.

Fast forward three years and one month. I had auditioned for a production-- I guess I should tell you that it's Steel Magnolias-- last week and didn't get cast in the play. I was really disappointed-- I've auditioned for several plays and ALMOST got cast but for various reasons never did. My mom, sister, and I went out to eat for Easter dinner on Friday, April 22. In the midst of my fake mashed potatoes and blackened tilapia I got a call on my cell phone-- the director-- asking me if I would like to play the part of Annelle!!!
At the same theatre (that I've always loved) on the same day of the month doing the same thing with the same people.
                                                            On the 22nd, NO LESS.
Coincident? I think not.

Well, I have to go. It's late and I'm sooooo tired!

Happy Tuesday!
Annelle :D

1 comment: